Pages

Saturday 4 April 2015

How to start your own blog #1: the first steps

The amount of blogs keeps growing and everyone starts with a dream of making it in the blogworld. How do you get that far? There is a whole more behind a starting a blog than just making a blogger or wordpress account. And how do you get people to read your post when they would rather watch a video of someone talking on youtube nowadays? Because let's face it; not everyone wakes up flawless like Beyonce.
In the How to start your own blog series I'm going to help you with starting your own blog. I know I'm not the biggest professional but I know all the bits of help are great when your blog has only 10 followers.


WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO START A BLOG?
This is one of the most important questions you have to ask yourself before starting a blog. Are you starting one because you enjoy writing or do you want to express yourself through photos or text? Or do you just enjoy the thought of getting all those things for free? If you're the second person you can quit right away. Do not see blogging like working in a supermarket. You don't do it for the rewards. Getting things is a great reward but it takes a lot to get there. I have been blogging 1,5 year and I just got my first gift.

WHAT NAME SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Try to get one that fits the most with your blog. Make it original so people will remember it. Try to avoid the words beauty, fashion and x. Sure there are some cool names with those words in it but I would rather follow a blog named Grunge Crumbles than a blog named Hanne Loves Fashion xoxo and I don't think I'm the only one. If you can't choose the url with the name that you created you can try to put your own name or blog in the name. For example: my friend Isa's blog is called Dot but her url is isabeldot.

ABOUT WHAT KIND OF SUBJECT ARE YOU GOING TO BLOG?
There are so many things you can blog about! Fashion, beauty, lifestyle, food, traveling and a whole lot more. The first three are the subject you see most of the time and you can easily mix them in your blog. If you have no idea what to blog about it's the easiest to start with beauty, fashion and lifestyle. After a while you'll see what you like to blog about. I did the same thing and discovered that I really like fashion and that beauty isn't my thing at all.

If there are any things you would love to know more about just ask about it in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Choosing a name is one of the hardest part of the 3 steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog post love! :) For me the last step was the hardest. It's so easy to blog about the things other people blog about, but to keep them interesting to your visitors and yourself as well is the hardest thing I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! You made my day ♡