Pages

Saturday 13 June 2015

The 1975 is breaking up???!!!

I still remember the moment I woke up, checked my instagram and saw that The 1975 deleted their accounts, leaving only a cryptic comic saying things like "The hardest part of any relationship is to say 'goodbye'." and "So we must leave, with a parting 'we love you' - we are already gone." We all thought they were trying to say that they were breaking up, but some fangirls with hope said that they were just announcing the new style of their new album. So what was true?

source: tumblr

The only thing they left us fangirls with was this cryptic comic. If you read it you'll see that it says a lot about saying goodbye and leaving. So were they leaving us? Or were they really announcing their new style?

source: https://twitter.com/the1975

Even though I hoped for the second one, I still thought it was the first. Oh, my fangirl heart almost died! Everyone who follows my blog a little longer knows that I've been obsessed with The 1975 since the beginning of this blog when they weren't even famous (oh how hipster of me) and if they were to break up I would have cried the whole day. I admit it, I almost cried, while holding George's water bottle he gave to me at their concert, when I thought that they were about to break up. 

source: http://instagram.com/trumanblack

Luckily, that wasn't the case. The next day they posted this image, a pink version of their famous black and white logo, telling us that they were just announcing their new style. Pink instead of black. I really like the fact that they didn't actually break up, but I still think it's kind of rude to leave your fangirls like this. We all thought they were about to pull a Zayn and that broke our little fangirl hearts.

source: https://twitter.com/the1975

On their twitter they posted this photo and some UK tour dates. In this image they're telling us that they're only planning to do concerts in smaller venues that they loved and felt intimate enough to do a proper show with people who really want to be there (their words). I really like that because I prefer smaller venues because of the same reasons. Every time I go to large venue I think "I'm standing all the way in the front and I'm still not as close as I was to Ross during the The 1975 concert." 
But on the other hand I also dislike this point because there are a lot of people who really want to be there, which means that their smaller concerts will be sold out real quick. The same happened with Marina & The Diamonds. I think she's already famous enough here in The Netherlands to fill a large venue, but still she decided to do it in a smaller one. The concert was sold out real quick and my friend could only get 3 tickets instead of 5, which meant I couldn't go. I'm afraid that's going to happen with The 1975 too.

source: https://twitter.com/the1975

So now all those fans who used to be like "Omg!!!! All black everything!!! Depressed but well dressed!!!! I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour!!!!!" are saying that pink is their favourite colour and they're changing their whole instagram into a pink one. Sure, if you have a The 1975 fanaccount, that isn't so strange, but the thing that annoys me so much is that suddenly changed their whole perspective and style from black to pink. I really like the fact that The 1975 does that, but I think that has been playing for them a much longer time than 2 weeks for their fans. I'm not going to stop wearing black and that doesn't mean I'm not a real fan anymore!

source: We Heart It

Maybe you think "Well, Hanne, if you're such a The 1975 fan, then why are blogging of it, almost two weeks later?" At first I wasn't planning on blogging about this. I was writing a favourite songs atm post and I always write a little reason why I've been listening to this song, why I like it or something that has to do it. So I chose 102 by Matty Healy and I tended to talk about their almost break up. But the lines of text kept growing and growing and I thought it would be a better idea to just write a whole article about it.
Anyways, I hope you like my ranting because I actually enjoyed it and I'm thinking of ranting more often because it's a nice way to express your thoughts and feeling. What did you think of their almost break up? Let me know down in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Literally the summary of my feels because there were feels. All the feels. (Omgggg, I'll stop wearing pink when they invent a pinker color! Jk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wednesday Addams zou zich omdraaien in haar graf als ze het hoorde. Niet dat ze dood is, want ze is een fictief karakter, maar dan graaft ze maar een graf, gaat ze erin liggen en zich omdraaien.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! You made my day ♡