Pages

Saturday 22 November 2014

Black will always be the new black

"What's your favourite colour?" "Black." "Oh... That's emo." I don't know how many times I've had this conversation. Yes, I love black. It's a beautiful colour. And I don't think wearing black on black makes you gothic or emo. We don't celebrate halloween in the Netherlands, so I just showed up in black as I usual do. And then somebody said: "Oh you're dressed gothic for halloween?"

source: tumblr
"Black is modest and arrogant at the same time. Black is lazy and easy - but mysterious. But above all black says this: I don't bother you - don't bother me." - Yohji Yamamoto

source: tumblr
"Women who wear black live colourful lives." - Neiman Marcus

People always assume you're gothic or emo when you wear black. Yeah, we can't deny that the most gothics and emos wear black, but that doesn't mean you are one when you wear black. And wearing black isn't depressing. It's just a beautiful colour.

source: tumblr

"I work in three shades of black." - Rei Kawakubo

Wearing black makes me feel like a rock star. It makes me feel like the 5th member of The 1975. It makes me feel like Wednesday Addams. But most of all, it makes me feel like myself.

source: tumblr

"Black is not sad. Bright colours are what depress me. They're so... empty. Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not." - Ann Demeulemeester

And here you have some of my favourite black on black outfits. Enjoy!

source: isabeldot.blogspot.com

"I've been 40 years discovering that the queen of all colours was black." - Pierre-Auguste Renoire
source: oliviaemily.com

"You can wear black at any time. You can wear it at any age. You may wear it for almost any occasion." - Christian Dior
source: amyvalentine.co.uk & thelittlemagpie.com

"There's something about black. You feel hidden away in it." - Georgia O'Keeffe

What's your opinion about black on black?

4 comments:

  1. Just when I am wearing all black (as um usual lol) I see this post. BILLIANT!
    Love the quotes and I 100% agree. Also, thanks for putting my outfit in your post! I mean wow, glad you liked cause I certainly did. :)
    Here is another quote for ya Hanne: "Black is not sad, bright colors are what depresses me. They're so... Empty. Black is poetic. How do you imagine a poet? In a bright yellow jacket? Probably not." -Ann Demeulemeester
    There you go, this is an amazing start of my very crappy saturday morning (which is going to be a great saturday afternoon. You and I both know why *winkwink*
    Love,
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeees the quote was already in it! And jezus, I can't wait till it's afternoon!

      Delete
  2. Ik ben echt gek op zwart, maar ik draag het niet al te veel meer tegenwoordig :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same girl same! Ik draag ook vaak zwart, geweldige kleur. En iedereen die meteen aanneemt dat je emo bent. Nèè ik ben geen emo. Dat ik zwart draag, chokers draag, naar rock/metal luister en dat ik bleek ben betekent niet meteen dat ik emo of gothic ben. Om gek van te worden. Leuk artikel! True AF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! You made my day ♡